Building Bridges Across the River Job Description
Job Title: Office Administrator/HR Generalist
Status: Regular, part-time
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement and Human Resources
Building Bridges Across the River (Building Bridges) provides residents East of the Anacostia River access to the best-in-class facilities, programs, and partnerships in arts and culture, economic opportunity, education, recreation, health, and well-being. Building Bridges Across the River (Building Bridges) envisions a future in which the residents East of the Anacostia River experience vital, thriving communities characterized by social, cultural, economic, and racial equity. In order to combat past and current structural inequities, Building Bridges develops and manages facilities and programs in Wards 7 and 8 including the Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus (THEARC), THEARC Farm, THEARC Theater, 11th Street Bridge Park, and Skyland Workforce Center. BBAR’s first facility was THEARC, which at 203,000 square feet represents the largest social service, multisector, nonprofit collaboration in the country.
The Office Administrator/HR Generalist is responsible for supporting the development department in a growing organization to provide critical funding for Building Bridge’s programs. The Office Administrator/HR Generalist is a critical member of the Development Department and directly contributes to achieving ambitious annual fundraising goals. This position reports to the Director of Community Engagement and Human Resources.
- Assist Director of Community Engagement with community outreach communications and project management.
- Support company operations by the management and day-to-day maintenance of office systems (filing, supplies, packages etc.).
- Manage emails, letters, packages, phone calls, letters of support, and other forms of correspondence.
- Aid in the management of the Building Bridges’ President calendar, meeting schedule, travel plans, and appointments
- Support Director of HR with the creation of employee action forms and HR department organization of files and HR database.
- Aid HR department in employee team activities and training.
- Assist with THEARC partner meeting agenda and communications.
- Support front desk personnel during absences and employee breaks.
- Ability to update and maintain Partner and Building Bridges information on the company website and Partner portal.
- Assist in the coordination of staffing and recruitment processes.
- Assist in preparation for Quarterly Board meetings.
- Cross-train with Finance to support shared HR/Finance functions such as employee health benefits renewal, 401k administration, and employee data management in hosted third-party payroll and HRIS system.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience; prior executive assistant or HR coordinator experience preferred.
- Self-motivated with exceptional project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and communicate with Building Bridges’ diverse group of stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
- Solid problem solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to investigate an issue, ask thoughtful questions, and recommend possible solutions. Able to build a logical approach to addressing problems by drawing on own knowledge and experience or by seeking other references or resources as appropriate.
- Able to set short-and long-term planning goals in line with assigned tasks and available resources. A task-oriented style, with a focus on achieving clear and ambitious goals. Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of the organization while delivering a high-quality work product. Able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy and maintain attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties.
- Intellectually curious, creative, and strategic thinker. Able to think out of the box, challenge conventional norms, and try new approaches.
- A positive team player with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to Building Bridges’ mission and objectives. A commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment with shared goals and appropriate communication and coordination with colleagues.
- Sound judgment and integrity with discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
- This position may be required to participate in evening and weekend programming such as gala’s, festivals, community presentations, town halls, and events as needed.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a part-time position with a starting salary of $25/hr and opportunities for advancement. Benefits include PTO and ability to participate in the 401(K) Retirement Plan. BBAR is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office Administrator/HR Generalist” in the subject line of your email. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Prospective applicants are encouraged to review our website at www.bbardc.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.