The Grants & Project Manager is responsible for prospecting, writing and submitting funding opportunities for the 11th Street Bridge Park’s general operating, programming and equitable development efforts. The Grants & Project Manager is responsible for ensuring annual grant deliverables are met by project partners and writing quarterly / annual grant reports. This position will also capture equitable development impact on a quarterly basis from Bridge Park team members and partners to share with the public.
The successful candidate will possess proven experience with all of the following: grant writing; project management; ability to read, understand and create financial documents; and ability to work with a diverse group of external partners. Ability to manage multiple projects under tight turnaround times is essential.
GRANT WRITING / REPORTING:
- Identify and cultivate new funding prospects to further build the capacity of the organization and bring new prospects into the pipeline. This includes foundations, corporations, government, and individuals
- Coordinate regular grant reports
- Develop letters of inquiry, budgets, and supporting documents for grant proposals
- Write and submit grants supporting the 11th Street Bridge park’s mission and goals
- Lead and manage sponsorship fundraising for project-based initiatives like the Anacostia River Festival and Taste of the Harvest, working in coordination with BBAR’s Corporate Relations Manager
- Maintain donor database (Donor Perfect)
- Manage budget and gift reconciliation process in coordination with BBAR’s Development and Finance teams
· Track ongoing expenses and revenue for 11th Street Bridge Park. Meet monthly with the Finance team to ensure budget targets are met
- Develop content plans for quarterly funder newsletters and lead on drafting content
- Assist with regular cultivation events over the course of the year
- Lead on strategy and coordinating end-of-year giving campaign, with support from the Communication Manager and in collaboration with BBAR Development Team.
- Thoroughly understand the 11th Street Bridge Park and how it operates; develop a comprehensive knowledge of its mission, programs, outreach and funding base
· Author and edit original content for online communications channels
· Collaborate with the Communications Manager and Equitable Development Manager on developing communication strategies and mechanisms (like the Community Investments page) to relay messaging about our work to the public
· Provide public presentations to community groups, stakeholders, business owners, funders, and government officials
- Lead regular site tours of the 11th Street Bridge Park
· Be available to assist the Bridge Park team with regular programming throughout the year
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree with proven writing experience
· Two to five years of fundraising experience relevant to the responsibilities.
· Demonstrated project management experience coordinating complicated projects with many moving parts
· Development experience with non-profit organizations
· Deep knowledge of adjacent 11th Street Bridge park communities in Wards 8 and 6
· Excellent written (including editing and proofreading) and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and translate the 11th Street Bridge Park’s mission and to develop complex written materials to summarize the essence of large scale projects and collaborations
· Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of software (Windows OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and donor database such as DonorPerfect) and the ability to use or learn technology used at the 11th Street Bridge Park, including web design and e-mail software systems
· Proven ability to manage a complex budget
· Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to investigate an issue, ask thoughtful questions, and recommend possible solutions. Able to build a logical approach to addressing problems by drawing on own knowledge and experience or by seeking other references or resources as appropriate
· Able to set short-and long-term planning goals in line with program priorities and available resources. A task-oriented style, with a focus on achieving clear and ambitious goals. Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of the organization while delivering a high-quality work product. Able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy and maintain attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Intellectually curious, creative and strategic thinker. Able to think out of the box, challenge conventional norms, and try new approaches
· A team player with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to the mission and objectives of 11th Street Bridge Park. A commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment with shared goals and appropriate communication and coordination with colleagues
· Sound judgment and integrity with discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner
· This position will be expected to participate in evening and weekend programming such as festivals, community presentations, and regular outreach events on a needed basis
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary starting at $65,000 +and based on the candidate’s experience and reports to the Director. Benefits include vacation / sick days, health / dental / vision and 401(k).
About the 11th Street Bridge Park
As the old 11th Street river bridges that connect Washington, DC’s Capitol Hill and historic Anacostia neighborhoods are being replaced, a local nonprofit organization, Building Bridges Across the River in collaboration with the District government will transform the aged infrastructure into the city’s first elevated park: a new venue for healthy recreation, environmental education and the arts.
The 11th Street Bridge Park will span the capital’s cityscape – a soaring structure that will engage the local community and bring residents together from across the city. The Bridge Park will support the community’s environmental, cultural, economic and physical health. The project has four goals:
· Reconnect the neighborhoods on both sides of the river
· Re-engage the community with the Anacostia River – an incredible and irreplaceable natural resource
· Become an anchor for equitable and inclusive economic growth.
· Create a healthy community by establishing a safe place for residents to exercise and play
The 11th Street Bridge Park provides an exciting environment and the opportunity to work with a highly talented team, engaged volunteers and enthusiastic community members. We are an energetic organization that values innovative thinking and fosters an environment of both entrepreneurship and teamwork.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to:
Employment@thearcdc.org & firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Grant/Project Manager” in the subject line of your email. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday May 30, 2021 at 5 pm EST.