Building Bridges Across the River Job Description
Job Title: Facilities Supervisor
Status: Regular, full-time (with benefits)
Reports to: Facilities Director
Building Bridges Across the River (BBAR) provides residents East of the Anacostia River access to the best-in-class facilities, programs, and partnerships in arts and culture, economic opportunity, education, recreation, health, and well-being. Building Bridges Across the River (BBAR) envisions a future in which the residents East of the Anacostia River experience vital, thriving communities characterized by social, cultural, economic, and racial equity. In order to combat past and current structural inequities, BBAR develops and manages facilities and programs in Wards 7 and 8 including the Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus (THEARC), THEARC Farm, THEARC Theater, 11th Street Bridge Park, and Skyland Workforce Center. BBAR’s first facility was THEARC, which at 203,000 square feet represents the largest social service, multisector, nonprofit collaboration in the country.
The facilities supervisor under the supervision of the Facilities Director performs those cleaning tasks necessary to meet janitorial specifications and assists in the monitoring of the janitorial crew work.
• Oversees the daily maintenance of the facility
• Train, schedule, supervise, and support facilities staff.
• Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance, periodic inspections, and life-cycle requirements.
• Develop and implement an ongoing cleaning, disinfecting, and pest-control program to ensure all spaces are clean, sanitized, and safe.
• Manage the work order system to provide effective communication between the facilities team and partners and other staff.
• Oversee the security of the buildings and grounds.
• Ensure appropriate maintenance, janitorial, cleaning, and disinfecting supplies are in stock.
• Manage multiple buildings
• Order janitorial supplies
• Manage supply budgets
• Conducting quality control inspections
• Developing and maintaining professional working relationships with staff, partners and building contacts
• Sweeps and mops hallways, stairs, and offices.
• Empties partner’s trash and dispose of the trash in a prescribed manner.
• Dusts horizontal surfaces.
• Clean bathrooms and monitor bathrooms on a regular basis.
• Waxes and buffs floors with prescribed buffers.
• Cleans glass and windows.
• Washes walls and other vertical surfaces.
• Polishes kick panels, doorknobs, and other designated fixtures.
• Strips and waxes floors.
• Vacuum rugs.
• Mixes cleaning solutions.
• Maintains Janitorial equipment.
• Performs snow removal if required by Facilities Director with Building Engineer.
• Supervises activities of assigned workers while performing their own work.
Performs all other duties assigned by the Facilities Director.
• Minimum of 2 years of direct or related experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• Able to work a flexible, part-time schedule
• Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office
• Experience using databases and handling confidential information
• Strong organizational, verbal, and writing skills
• Some college or associate degree in hospitality, facilities management, or related field
• Previous experience working with cleaning commercial buildings
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $45,000-50,000. Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, and ability to participate in the 401(K) Retirement Plan. BBAR is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply click on this link Building Bridges Application
Or send resume with a cover letter to Employment@thearcdc.org