Building Bridges Across the River Job Description
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Status: Regular, full-time (with benefits)
Reports to: Development Director
Building Bridges Across the River (BBAR) provides residents East of the Anacostia River access to the best-in-class facilities, programs and partnerships in arts and culture, economic opportunity, education, recreation, health and well-being. Building Bridges Across the River (BBAR) envisions a future in which the residents East of the Anacostia River experience vital, thriving communities characterized by social, cultural, economic and racial equity. In order to combat past and current structural inequities, BBAR develops and manages facilities and programs in Wards 7 and 8 including the Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus (THEARC), THEARC Farm, THEARC Theater, 11th Street Bridge Park, and Skyland Workforce Center. BBAR’s first facility was THEARC, which at 203,000 square feet represents the largest social service, multisector, nonprofit collaboration in the country.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development department in a growing organization to provide critical funding for BBAR’s programs. The Development Coordinator is a critical member of the Development Department and directly contributes to achieving ambitious annual fundraising goals. This position reports to the Director of Development.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Passionate about the mission of BBAR and serving under-resourced communities.
- Knowledge of east of the river communities is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector; experience working directly with donors preferred.
- Self-motivated with exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent written (including editing and proofreading) and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and translate BBAR’s mission to different audiences.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of software (Windows OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and donor database such as DonorPerfect) and the ability to use or learn technology used at BBAR, including WordPress web management.
- Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to investigate an issue, ask thoughtful questions, and recommend possible solutions. Able to build a logical approach to addressing problems by drawing on own knowledge and experience or by seeking other references or resources as appropriate.
- Able to set short-and long-term planning goals in line with program priorities and available resources. A task-oriented style, with a focus on achieving clear and ambitious goals. Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of the organization while delivering a high-quality work product. Able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy and maintain attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties.
- Intellectually curious, creative, and strategic thinker. Able to think out of the box, challenge conventional norms, and try new approaches.
- A positive team player with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to BBAR’s mission and objectives. A commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment with shared goals and appropriate communication and coordination with colleagues.
- Sound judgment and integrity with discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
- This position will be expected to participate in evening and weekend programming such as receptions, festivals, community presentations, and events on an as-needed basis.
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $48,000-55,000 and opportunities for advancement. Benefits include PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, and ability to participate in the 401(K) Retirement Plan. BBAR is an equal opportunity employer.