Building Bridges Across the River Job Description
Job Title: Market Champion
Department: BBAR Farms
Reports to: BBAR Farm Director
Building Bridges Across the River Farms, a network of urban gardens and farms consisting of the 11th Street Bridge Park Plots and THEARC Farm, manages the C.R.I.S.P. CSA – an affordable food program that offers weekly pre-bagged pick-up options. We are seeking a community resident to serve as Farmer’s Market Champion and help with bagging and organizing the CSA shares and distributing produce.
15-20 Hours per week:
Tuesdays & Fridays: 11 – 2 pm – Preparation
Wednesdays & Saturdays: 9 – 3 pm – Market Set-up, Distribution and Breakdown
· All preparation of CSA distribution including bagging shares, harvesting from THEARC Farm and organizing market supplies including bags, tents, signage and CSA member lists.
· Morning set up including setting up tents and signage, staging produce, setting up chairs/tables.
· Managing Farmer’s Register and handling cash box when needed.
· Signing in C.R.I.S.P. CSA members and assisting with share selection.
· Re-stocking farmer’s market table with produce from farm refrigerator.
· Market break-down at the end of each Wednesday and Saturday.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Customer service experience preferred! Comfortable with intermittent standing over 6 hours and working at a fast-paced market. Ability to lift produce boxes weighing up to 50 lbs. Experience with cashier duties and money handling. Comfortable with technology including the use of an iPad. Team player and comfortable working in a collaborative environment. Able to take directions and exhibit strong problem solving skills and attention to detail. Reliable transportation a must.
This is a 15 to 20-hour per week contract position with a pay of $20/hr. The position starts May 24st and runs until November 7th, 2021.
Please send a brief biography detailing your interest in organic farming and any work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Market Champion” in the subject line of your email. Ward 8 residents, women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review our website at www.bbardc.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.