Job Title: Building Bridges Farm Coordinator
Department: Building Bridges Farms
Status: Regular, full-time (with benefits)
Reports to: Building Bridges Senior Farm Manager
The Farm Coordinator is responsible for growing food at THEARC Farm, keeping track of on-going expenses & revenue for BBAR Farms, keep log of food produced at BBAR Farms, coordinate periodic volunteer opportunities and update the BBAR Farms website.
BBAR Farms contributes to the development of a fresh, healthy, local food network increasing nutritious food access East of the Anacostia River and providing educational workshops on agriculture, nutrition, wellness and environmental education. Our family of seven local urban farms and gardens grow and distribute organic fruits, vegetables and herbs to families in a community with only one full-service grocery store serving over 75,000 residents. In addition to THEARC Farm on our campus, we co-manage a network of urban farms (also known as Bridge Park Plots) in partnership with churches, housing communities, and a children’s center. The farms supply our C.R.I.S.P. (Community Raised Inspired Sourced Produce), Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, which provide deeply discounted fresh produce to low-income families with children. BBAR Farms also hosts educational workshops and classes including: cooking classes; raised bed repair workshops; composting workshops; mushroom inoculation and honey harvest workshops.
Food Access and Farm Maintenance
- Oversee crops and food production at THEARC Farm. Ensure yields meet seasonal targets. Crops grown at THEARC Farm is primarily used in the spring, summer and fall C.R.I.S.P. CSA.
- Assist in general Farm maintenance (i.e. planting, watering, harvesting, etc.)
- Work with the Sr. Farm Manager to assist with BBAR Farm partners such as Bridge Park Plots.
Administration & Communication
- Track on-going expenses and revenue for BBAR Farms. Meet monthly with Finance team to ensure budget targets are met.
- Keep records of food produced at THEARC Farm and Bridge Park Plots. This includes type of food grown, lbs harvested, etc.
- Update website on regular basis with programs, events and volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities at THEARC Farm and Bridge Park Plots.
- Provide BBAR Farm data to BBAR development department when requested.
To apply click on this link Building Bridges Application
Or send resume with a cover letter to Employment@thearcdc.org